Do you keep putting off meeting with a financial planner to discuss your retirement? You might think it’s a waste of time and money as you already have a super account.
However, meeting with a financial planner has more value than you think. They will put together a plan to keep you on track to help you meet your retirement goals and provide personal advice on how to build your wealth.
So, what does a financial planner do to add value to your situation? A qualified financial planner can assist by taking a holistic approach towards investing your hard-earned money by assessing your current financial situation, needs and wants for both the short and long-term.
- Understanding of where you currently are - with regards to the resources you can use towards your financial management. This can include your income, assets and has a lot to do with your habits and attitudes that currently come into play with your money.
- Budgeting- you might need a hand setting up a savings plan or managing your cash flow.
- Debt management – a financial planner can help you come up with a strategy to help pay down your debts.
- Goal setting – putting your dreams, hopes and thoughts for the future into tangible outcomes.
- Wealth creation – a financial planner can also help you come up with sound investment strategies in line with your appetite for risk.
- Maintaining your current lifestyle in retirement – a financial planner will help you prepare for retirement, understanding how much you will have to spend and when you can afford to retire.
- Insurance – a financial planner can help you set up income protection, life insurance and any other insurance you may need.
- Estate planning – a financial planner can help you plan your estate, including getting the right advice to help you draft your will, choose your power of attorney and more
- Review and tweak - as with all planning and strategy development it is important to regularly review your strategy to ensure it is continuing to meet your needs and to check in to see if any of your goals or plans have changed.
It’s never the wrong time to seek advice. So, don’t just leave it until there’s been a significant change in your circumstances, either happy or sad. At Vision Super our specialists are qualified and experts when it comes to your super. And as an Industry Super fund our planners don’t receive any commission or bonuses.
Make an appointment today, our qualified financial planners will help set a financial plan tailored to your unique financial situation. Call us on 1300 300 820.