1. Information relating to entry, the collection of personal information and prizes forms part of the conditions of entry. By entering the ‘Vision Super Local Heroes 2024’ award (‘the Award’), you agree to comply with these terms and conditions.
2. The Organiser of the Vision Super Local Heroes Award 2024 are representatives from Australian Services Union, Victorian & Tasmanian Authorities and Services Branch of 116 Queensberry Street, Carlton South (‘the ASU’).
3. The Naming Sponsor is Vision Super Pty Ltd ABN 50 082 924 561 of Level 15/360 Collins Street, Melbourne (‘Naming Sponsor’).
4. A Nominee is a person nominated for the Award. A nominee may be one individual or a group of individuals.
5. A Nominator is a person who nominates someone for the Award.
6. To be a valid entry the Nominee must be a Victorian resident over the age of 18 irrespective of whether they are members of the Organiser. The Nominee must be employed by a Local Government Authority, which includes any associated organisations which are operated by Council and local libraries. Directors, management and employees of the Organiser (and their immediate families) and its suppliers and companies associated with this Award are ineligible to enter. Entry into the Award is free.
7. A Nominator may nominate a Nominee through the Vision Super Local Heroes Award 2024 webpage, at localheroes.visionsuper.com.au, or by completing and submitting a Vision Super Local Heroes Award 2024 hard copy nomination form. The act /achievements described in the nomination must have taken place between 1 January 2023 and 25 March 2024 to be eligible.
8. Nominators should obtain the consent of the Nominee’s employer before making a nomination.
9. The Awards are open from 12.00 AM on 31 January 2024 and closes at 11.59 PM on 25 March2024 (Award Period). Only entries submitted during the Award Period will be accepted. An entry is deemed to be accepted when it is received by the ASU.
10. Submissions must not contain any inappropriate or offensive language. Entries must not include content that is defamatory or otherwise not in keeping with the spirit of the Award. The Organiser does not accept responsibility for corrupted, delayed, illegible, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, late, lost or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to alteration, communication failure, deletion, destruction, error, omission, tampering, theft, transmission interruption or otherwise.
11. Nominees may be invited to the Vision Super Local Heroes 2024 Awards event (‘the Event’) to be held in Melbourne on Thursday 9 May 2024. The total number of Nominees invited is at the absolute discretion of the Organisers. Attendance at the awards presentation is not transferable.
12. Nominees and nominators selected to attend the Event will receive a ticket for themselves and up to four guests in their professional support network or family.
13. At the Organisers’ absolute discretion, accommodation may be provided for one night, on the night of the Event. Any such accommodation will be a standard twin share room at a hotel nominated by the Organiser. Any such accommodation will not be inclusive of any additional incidental expenses. Any Nominees receiving such accommodation will be required to provide a credit card to the selected accommodation provider for the purpose of covering any incidental expenses.
14. To be eligible for an award, a Nominee must agree to accept the award in person by attending the Event.
15. The Organiser may alter the Event at any time in response to Government recommendations related to social distancing measures, and reserves the right to hold the event online, postpone, cancel, or otherwise modify the Event as it sees fit. Any such modifications will be communicated by the Organisers to attendees.
16. Entries will be judged by a panel of judges compromising of employees from the Organiser and representatives from the Naming Sponsor. Entries will be judged against set criteria including content, act involved, impact and the ‘Local Hero’ theme of the Award. Prize Winners will be determined based on a total score derived from the above criteria. The decision of the judging panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the decision. This Award is a game of skill only and chance plays no part in determining the Prize Winners.
17. Nominees that are selected as Finalists will be notified by phone and email after the nomination close-off date by the Organisers of their representative.b
18. To be a Finalist, a Nominee must agree to be filmed for the purposes of producing material in relation to the Award, and must agree to have their details such as name, employer/workplace, and other details in relation to the nomination, released to the media prior to the Event.
19. The total prize pool for the Awards is $3,000. There will be one (1) Grand Prize winner (Winner) and four (4) runners up prize winners (Prize Winners). The Winner will receive $1,000 gift card and the four runners up will receive a $500 gift card. The Organiser reserves the right to withhold any of the prizes if insufficient entries are received. Prizes are in Australian dollars and are correct as at the date of these conditions of entry. The Judging Panel’s decision on who to select as the Winner and Prize Winner is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The names of the Winner and Prize Winner will be announced at the Event.
The awards are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. If a prize is left unclaimed or forfeited, the Organiser reserves the right to re-distribute the prizes.
20. The ASU and the Naming Sponsor reserve the right to use any entries, photographs, video, media and/or articles of the Finalists, including Runners Up and Winners, for future promotional purposes without making any further reference, payment or other compensation to the Finalists, Runners Up and Winner.
21. Nominees and Nominators agree to being contacted by a representative of the Organisers for any purpose relating to the Award, including but not limited to verifying any information submitted and the eligibility of the nominee.
22. By nominating a person, the Nominator confirms they have the consent from the Nominee for the Organiser to use the Nominee’s information in accordance with these terms and conditions.
23. If the Award is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Organiser, it reserves the right to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Award as it sees appropriate. The Organiser reserves its legal rights to recover damages and/or other compensation from a person who is in breach of these conditions of entry or whom engages in any unlawful or improper conduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Award.
25. Each entrant releases Facebook, Instagram and YouTube from all liability whatsoever related to the Award and acknowledges that the Award is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. This Award adheres to YouTube’s Community Guidelines and any submission which contravenes these Guidelines will be deemed ineligible.