Developer – industry superannuation
Key selling points
- Top performing super fund
- Melbourne CBD location
- Permanent full-time role
Great opportunity to put your high-level programming and technical design skills to use to improve people’s futures.
What’s Vision Super all about?
Vision Super is an industry super fund that’s been looking after Australians’ retirement savings for over 70 years. We put our members’ best interests at the centre of everything we do. We’re a top performing fund, one of the few with SuperRatings’ coveted 10-year Platinum Rating.
If you’re a developer who wants a career where you can make a positive difference to people’s futures, we would love to hear from you.
What will I be doing?
The Business Systems team is a very important part of achieving Vision Super’s goals as we look to consolidate our growth.
This isn’t the definitive list, but among other work you will:
- Be the technical subject matter expert driving all stages of each project including scoping workshops, technical design, development and customisation
- Develop software applications based on relevant documentation in partnership with business analysts, solution architects and vendors
- Test software to ensure the code is correct, and fix errors where necessary
- Collaborate with users to evaluate IT applications and equipment requirements
- Proactively recommend enhancement opportunities
- Develop and maintain system, operating and support documentation
- Ensure that systems are developed within agreed time frames and achieve necessary design and systems security standards
- Provide technical support for Vision Super systems.
What are the essential qualifications?
We’re looking for someone with:
- Three or more years’ experience in software development and experience, specifically within superannuation/insurance system development
- Experience working with Acurity, OpenText Case360 and/or OpenText StreamServe products
- A strong database background, such as ORACLE or SQLSERVER
- A good understanding of case management and automated correspondence generation
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience in a DevOps/Agile delivery environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and a focus on internal/external customer service
- Sound problem-solving skills
- An understanding of Microsoft Azure technologies and/or Microsoft Dynamics (online) is a bonus but not essential
- Previous production support experience (ITIL) will also be a big plus.
All applicants must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.