Update insurance cover
As your life changes so do your insurance needs. Use our calculator to see how much cover you need.
Changes you can make to your insurance cover
Important: You must write to us within 60 days after one or more of the Key Life Events occur to make a change without filling in extra paperwork.
Death and disability cover
You can increase your insurance cover to either twice your existing death and disability cover, or by $200,000 (whichever is lesser) usually without having to provide medical evidence within 60 days of one of these ‘Key life events’ happening:
- Get married
- Have a baby or adopt a child
- Take out a new mortgage - must be your primary home. Excludes refinancing and investment property
- Death of your spouse
- Get divorced
- Child’s first day at primary or secondary school
- Become eligible for a Carer Allowance from Centrelink.
You can shorten your income protection waiting period to 30 days (if it is currently 60 days) or if your salary is out of date, you can increase your cover by up to 25% of your existing sum insured, subject to the maximum monthly benefit of $30,000. To increase your cover you must apply within 60 days of a Key Life Event or two months of a salary increase.
Need to make changes to your cover?
Increase, reduce or cancel your insurance cover by completing the appropriate form(s) below:
- For general changes, if you have not had a ‘Key life event’, use the Insurance application/variation form and if you are applying for an increase, you must also complete the Personal statement - form 3.
- For changes when you have had a ‘Key life event’ or salary increase in the last 60 days, use the Insurance application/variation for Key life events form
- To transfer your insurance from another fund or insurer to Vision Super, click here.
- If you are a casual employee and want to apply for cover, use the Insurance application/variation formand complete the Personal statement - form 3.